Banco Votorantim aims to consolidate its position among the three main privately-held Brazilian banks, and to get recognized for its guidance in sustainably serving clients and partners through long-term relationships, as well as leveraging synergies with Banco do Brasil (BB). For such, BV has a diversified business portfolio composed of Wholesale Bank, Wealth Management and Consumer Finance, with well defined goals:
Wholesale Bank Businesses
Positioned among the market leaders in lending to large enterprises, Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) segment is intended to increase its relevance for the clients with annual revenues above R$200 million, by strengthening its platform of high value-added products and low capital consumption- structured products, derivatives (hedge), FX, investment banking services (ECM, DCM and M&A) and local and international distribution (New York and London). By means of long-term relationships, agile service and sectoral expertise, the Bank provides integrated financial solutions adequate to its clients’ needs.
It is important to mention that, at the end of 2013, the Bank revised its operating strategy for the medium enterprises. The “Middle Market” segment, which catered for medium enterprises, was merged into CIB and multiproduct desks were created (Derivatives, Assets and Funding). At the end of 2015, the CIB redefined its target market, focusing on 400 Corporate economic groups with better risk profile, in addition to Financial Institutions.
Wealth Management Businesses (VWM&S)
To sustainably develop and provide the best solutions for estate planning is part of VWM&S’s mission, which has well established objectives for the two different markets in which it operates:
- Asset Management: to be recognized for its consistent performance and for the development of appropriate solutions to clients’ needs, through the innovative and differentiated capacity for structuring and managing high value-added products. Votorantim Asset Management (VAM) holds an important position within its peer group (asset managers with no branch network) and has been enhancing its partnership with BB in the structuring, management, administration and distribution of investment funds; and
- Private Bank: to consolidate its position among the best private banks in the market, expanding its operations in wealth management integrated by means of differentiated solutions.
Consumer Finance Businesses
- Auto finance: remain among the leaders in auto finance through BV Financeira (subsidiary of Banco Votorantim), which operates as an extension of BB in auto finance outside its branch network. BV Financeira concentrates its operations on used light vehicles (multi-brand dealers), a segment in which the Bank has a history of leadership and recognized competence.
- Payroll Loans: maintain an important position in the market of payroll loans, focusing on INSS – National Institute of Social Security (refinancing of portfolio) and Private categories (portfolio growth). In addition, the Bank continues advancing in the Promotiva S.A., a subsidiary of Banco Votorantim it operates in the origination of payroll loans outside the branches of Banco do Brasil directly to the shareholder.
- Other businesses: to grow organically in synergic businesses, increasing income with credit cards and insurance brokerage (e.g.: auto insurance and credit insurance), for example. Furthermore, BV will continue to explore new business opportunities, with special emphasis on the partnership with its shareholder BB, leveraging its expertise in the management of banking correspondents.
Throughout the next quarters, BV will continue to advance in the implementation of its strategic plan, which is based on three key elements: enhancement of the profitability of current and new business, increase in operational efficiency and building of synergies with Banco do Brasil.
For further information, check out the Earnings Presentation.
Updated on November 10th, 2016