At Banco Votorantim the professionals are instructed and motivated by a management that is committed with the business sustainability. The leaders play an essential role in disseminating people management strategies and practices.The human resource operation model is sustained by integrated policies and practices that steer people management in line with organizational guidelines. That strategy ensured for Banco Votorantim the recognition provided by the awards received from publishing company Gestão & RH Editora: "20 Companies Most Admired by HR Personnel", "10 Best Companies in Organizational Human Development Indicators" and "10 Best Companies in Corporate Citizenship, 2012".
The main fronts for the Human Resources area include the following initiatives:
- Talent Hiring: seeking professionals aligned to the organizational values and culture and stimulating the retention of those professionals and assigning high value to the human capital and employees' professional development, in addition to investing in the hiring of young talent and people in diversity, by offering opportunities to young apprentices and persons with special needs;
- Performance Management: ensuring a greater synergy with the organization's strategy through the new Performance Management Model established in 2012. That new model was built from the Agreement for Targets and Competence Assessment – Customer Focus, Results Orientation, Teamwork, Efficacy and People Management (managers), and allows the leveraging of results, in addition to fostering the professional development and recognition for the employees;
- Compensation: ensuring an internal egalitarian treatment that takes into account the specific features of each area and business unit, as well as external competitiveness, adopting the market's best practices that meet the company's reality and market strategy, by means of a new total compensation policy established in 2012. The total compensation is composed by a fixed salary, short-term incentives and long-term incentives. The short and long-term incentives take into account the profit indicators, the area's achievements and the employee's individual performance. Targets are objectively established and are aligned with the business's strategy. The model aims at aligning the interests of both shareholders and professionals, and stimulates the seeking of results and a high-performance culture; and
- Talent Management: mapping the executives' profile to allow differentiated actions for each talent in order to invest in development and retention through programs supporting the preparation of succession plans for the organization's key positions. The professionals in a management position are eligible to a coaching program in individual sessions to power up and develop their performance and expand their scope of work. In 2012 the program had the participation of 120 professionals.
In 2012, Banco Votorantim provided 62,255 training hours to 31,752 participants, of which 5,366 in the classroom and 26,386 to distance learners, and covering 245 themes in four areas:
- BV School: disseminates the organization's culture and values and develops the essential competencies to increase individual performance and organizational excellence, with a focus on institutional actions;
- Banking School: conducts technical development actions in line with the practices and expertise of each business area;
- Market, Strategy and Clients School: supports behavioral development and strategic vision capacity, and creates a learning environment specific for customer or market management actions; and
- Leadership, People and Results School: develops excellence in people and business management, to qualify leaders for a highly competitive environment.
Climate and Communication Management
With a genuine concern for monitoring the work environment and keeping it pleasant, Banco Votorantim makes available to all employees the communication channels "HR and You" (internal ombudsman) and "Central HR" (Internal Consulting of processes and HR services). The Internal Consulting also works strategically in climate monitoring and management.Banco Votorantim believes in the power of its human capital and, for that reason, adopts the strategy of investing in people to overcome the challenges and ensure the continuity and certainty of always being on the right path for sustainable success.